Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's Not Too Late, a Pound for Tamsin

I am so excited at the response to my birthday challenge! Here's who contacted me last week about joining me:

Carrie
Jill
Cathi
Anita
Holly
Julie
Dee
Debi
Linda
Robin
Erin
Patty
Jenny
Stella
Corinna (AU)
Hanna
Deb
Michelle (AU)

Meanwhile, if you didn't check in last week, here's the scoop: I challenge you to lose 5 pounds by my 50th birthday (Feb 17). Let me know if you want to join and how you do--if we collectively lose 150 pounds, I'm donating a dollar a pound to the American Cancer Society for us. I can't wait to see how we all do! Keep me posted, okay?

I lost a pound again this week. I also read something that resonated with me. Focus on the direction, not the destination. I think I'll add deadline to that (the part to not focus on). I am so glad I'm 15 pounds less than I was last year. Yes, it could be more. It has been painfully slow, but I ended up heading the right direction overall.

I'm going to dedicate this coming week's weight loss efforts to my niece Tamsin. Tamsin, this pound's for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment