Friday, August 3, 2012

257.8: Tripped up by a trip, I guess...

I'm in a bit of scale shock this morning. I do wonder if it's a bit skewed because of flying on Wednesday, but I assumed by today any water retention would be gone. I admit to not being 100% diligent while on vacation.

I left last Saturday for a short trip to Bristow, Virginia. It was wonderful to see Katie, Tamsin, Emma and Sam. My intent for the visit was to do just that--visit. I miss having them closer to Utah where I could see them more often. We shopped, watched the Olympics and Bunheads, rented a couple of movies, played with Emma and laughed at her continual quirkiness, talked, relaxed and ate super yummy bacon wrapped chicken. Oh, we did throw in a visit to Mt. Vernon (or Mountain Vernon as Emma calls it) since it's only about 40 minutes from Tamsin's home. It was cool to learn more about George Washington and to see the home. We had a great time there!

How did Medifast go while tripping? Well, let's see.... For the flights over and back, I made pancakes and brownies ahead of time, then also ate some of the Nacho Cheese Puffs. I chose these instead of shakes just because they were a bit more portable and shaking up a drink on a plane felt kind of, oh, I don't know, attention-grabbing? So, it wasn't hard to stay on track in the airports and such. On the flights over I did have 4 packages of peanuts (two on each flight). On the way back, on one flight I had a package of peanuts and the other flight I ate one Bischoff cookie--oh, and spicy tomato juice which I think has sugar in it...

I didn't drink nearly as much water as I have been. Most days I drink 128 oz. By the way, if you're not impressed by that, you should be... :) Anywho, I averaged was between 32 and 48 oz while I was there. My fault. I also had nibbles of popcorn--I'd guess (that say's it all--"I'd guess") a total of 1 cup with butter, 4 of Katie's gluten-free sugar cookies (spelling out London and with the Olympic rings in honor of the Olympics) over a span of three days, 4 Dorito taco flavored chips, 3 strawberries, 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes at least 4 times (it would be easier to say 1 cup, but I'm painting a picture here folks), 2 slices of bacon, 3 miniature marshmallows, about 10 chips with salsa when we went to lunch, 10 french fries...that's all I can think of to list right now. Geesh! I wonder what I ate that I can't even remember.

Wow. The list makes it easier to see the reason I gained. So, today begins the three days it takes to get back into fat burning mode. I'm on a quest!

3 comments:

  1. Sad that you gained but happy you had a good time......get back on that pony and ride ride ride and you'll be fine. Hugs my sweet friend!!

    You know who :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just blame it on the vacation. It seems people eat more on a vacation. ;) Sorry if we weren't good at helping you stay on track... It was SO fun to be able to see you though! I don't think I ever told you this, but you are looking fantastic!!! And the way you are going on medifast, those pounds you gained will soon be gone and your body will be saying, "What cookies?"(and fries, chips, etc that were consumed while in our presence)

    ReplyDelete