Monday, June 23, 2014

302.4 Bonnie Food and God

Life is so interesting. I feel like I go to work, come home, go to bed, rinse and repeat. Yet after a large absence from this blog, I find myself not knowing where to begin. Much has happened. Much is happening. I am getting married. It's a busy time right now--blending two households of stuff, building new relationships with children and grandchildren, prioritizing time differently, planning a wedding, and adding all that on top of an already full life.

This blog has been and will continue to be my weight loss journey. My destination of a healthy weight and lifestyle hasn't changed.

I've enrolled in an online Women Food and God retreat. The book is remarkable, and the course brings it alive. I am learning about myself, my beliefs about my body and worth, and my relationship with food. I am immersing myself in the courses and reviewing the materials daily.

At its essence Geneen Roth's retreat is designed to reconnect us with our bodies. Each session begins with a guided meditation, then deals with a different topic. I'm familiar with the course material because I've read the book, but I'm experiencing it this time instead of reading it from an outside perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment