Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weight Weight, Don't Tell Me!

How, I ask you, can I weigh 274 on Sunday and 281 on Monday? It's not a blip on the scale. I'm more inclined to believe the 281, unfortunately, since this morning I weigh 284.5.

I thought I said goodbye to the 280's months ago. It really distresses me to face the truth. My fun weight tracker doesn't even begin as high as 284, because I didn't think I'd see that number again.

Scream! Whine! Deny!

I truthfully acknowledge I'm doing very little to move the scale down. I don't exercise; I don't record my food online with Weight Watchers; I eat what I want even if I'm not hungry. Last night, after a dinner of tuna on rice cakes, I munched on rice crackers (the entire package), home made french onion dip, and finished off my quart of Rocky Road ice cream (I'm guesstimating I ate 1 1/2 cups).

Gee, why am I not losing weight?

I can't control how much water I retain, how my hormones fluctuate, or how my meds may be affecting my weight loss efforts.

I can control my snacking and emotional eating. It takes strength and courage, but I can do it.

I have to.

2 comments:

  1. Miss Bonnie, I to have that problem....It is in us to be successfull, we just need to find the right thing that will work for us. when I slip, I really try to remember it's a slip and move on, sometimes it takes me a week.....sometimes it's right away.
    I love you just the way you are, you are my friend, big or small and I'll love you no matter what.

    Sending Big Hugs from NH,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOU BONNIE! You're an amazing, beautiful person! Keep the faith! Be encouraged! Stay positive! You can do this! It may be hard, but you have the strength. I believe in you! (Laura Fernsler, KS demonstrator)

    ReplyDelete