Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Three Healthy Practices for The Holidays

I really wish I could think of a more clever title. Any suggestions?

At work we can get a $10 Target gift card by sharing three things we will do to remain healthy during the holidays.

Here are my three:
1) Drink twice as much water as usual -- a quart at home and a quart at work.
2) Eat one fruit serving per day. I know, I should already do that, but I don't!
3) Stop eating after 8 p.m.

I think that deserves ten bucks, don't you?

I'm fighting my second cold in a four week period. Sniff, sniff, cough, cough. Umm, what else? Done with my Christmas shopping; have three gifts to wrap and 5 to put in gift bags. That's it!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan.....sorry your not feeling well, it will get better! I think of you often.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a title for you: "I Want My Ten Dollars!" or "Show Me the Money" or . . . something . . . ha. I guess I could only come up with movie quotes. Oh well. :) I hear you on the fruit servings. I have the hardest time getting vegetable servings in. Fruit I could eat all day long, but veggies are tough for me for some reason. Do you like blueberries? You should buy a carton and keep it at your desk. I used to nibble on blueberries at my desk all day long. So yummy. Oh, and the other thing I love to snack on lately is dried, unsweetened cranberries mixed with walnuts. It's such a satisfying snack, and I feel healthy eating it, which is great for my self esteem. :)

    I'm sorry about your cold. :( Colds stink! I've been getting colds really often lately, too, and I just took Jacque's advice and start taking allergy medicine every day--the generic kind of Claritin. It's actually helping me a ton. I wonder if all this time my colds have really been my allergies getting out of control? Anyway, it's worth trying, if you haven't already.

    I wish I could bring you some warm soup and some puffs tissues, though. That'd be much better than just typing hello's to you here and there. I miss you, Bonnie!

    P.S. You're already done with Christmas shopping?? You're amazing! I just barely started thinking about what I am going to give to everyone. Like today, just barely. I have much to do!
    P.P.S. This is a long-winded comment. Perhaps I should've e-mailed you instead?
    P.P.P.S. Love you, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete