Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bonnie's Big Fall...

I have, despite my best intentions, fallen behind in my blogging. I intended to do a photo of the day thing--didn't happen. Oh, I've taken the pictures--well, for a while I did. Then I was tired of the blurry ones from my phone but couldn't find my camera. Then I found my camera but not the cord to download photos to the computer. Then I just got really, really busy.

Excuses, excuses, right? I've read that if you want to improve at something, you need to do it every day. I love to write and want to improve my writing skills, so my blog is the perfect place to practice. I admire my friends who capture their day to day moments in such vivid detail that I feel I'm with them.

I am re-resolving to update my blog at least weekly.

On to weight loss. No progress. I know my knees would feel so much better if I could shed some pounds, but I just seem stuck in old behaviors and belief systems. I plan to immerse myself in some of the Kaleo recommended weight loss books again--it's been too long.

Quick recap of Stampin' Up!'s Leadership meeting in San Antonio. It was amazing. First of all, the location is unbeatable. The convention center is on the Riverwalk, so there's easy access to shopping and restaurants. Also, the event was packed with pleasure for the 1200 attendees. I have the best job in the world--to make a difference in the lives of women who make a difference in the world around them.

I must share a story in detail. Donna Griffith asked us to help her with the reveal of a new product by doing what she called the "Happy Dance." Well, I love to dance and to be a part of things, so I joined. It was fun, fun, fun---until I hit a sign as I was running off the stage. The sign wasn't heavy and didn't hurt, but my equilibrium was disturbed and I ended up turfing it as I ran. Picture someone sliding into first base, arm outstretched towards the base. That was me! I was worried the audience could see, so I said, "Just drag me off!" and Kevin Lunt and Carrie Cudney did. Meanwhile, Sean Douglass was on the other side of the stage and said, "Thurber's down!" so people rushed to help me up. As Scott Nielsen lifted me, he said he'd fallen many times during his carreer as a Yankee pitcher and I should walk it off. Made me laugh--let's compare my stumbling fall to a major league sports injury! Fast forward through lots of concerned faces, a visit with Chester, the convention center first aid guy, 200+ blood pressure and a calming visit in an ambulance. I ended up in my hotel room with pain pills, ice and a heating pad. About an hour later, the fire alarm went off in the hotel, but it was a mechanical error--good thing because I don't know how I would have gone down fourteen flights of stairs! By that evening Jason Hatton had arranged a jazzy chair to help me get around the next two days and I was back in business. Drama!

Here I am in my jazzy chair.



Gotta stop here for now!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, I'm sorry I didn't know then......God bless you my friend for hanging in for all of us. As far as your weight struggle, you just have to keep working at it....so I've been told, we shall see. I have a friend here that has taken to the gastric bypass, there are days i'm envious of her but that is pretty drastic, altho Miss Linda sure looks wonderful. I'm trying to write down what i eat in "my fitness pal" an app for my phone so we shall see.
    Happy Birthday my friend, Lots of love and hugs to you, stay safe and keep smiling. :-)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bonnie . . . your fall sounds so painful. But how cute everyone was. I can just see them all, rushing in and lifting you up, and then you cruising around on your Jazzy the next few days. You look so pretty in that picture, by the way. And you coordinate with the wall, too! Such a funny story, but so, so painful, too. I'm so sorry! Are your knees feeling okay since being home? I hope so.

    Happy birthday, too! I hope you received the card I mailed you . . . Bonnie-Cate and I thought of you all day . . . we aren't officially celebrating Bonnie-Cate's birthday til Jim gets home from a work trip tomorrow. I hope you had a fun and relaxing day!

    I just saw that Katy Knight's posted a new "Cooking for One with Katy" episode on her blog--this one's without flour and sugar. I am totally inspired. In fact, I think Jacque and I are going to take the plunge and go off sugar and flour completely!

    I so love reading your blog and am excited to read more of it as you post every week. Hooray! :) Lots of love, my dear friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bonnie - I haven't been to your blog in ages and just look how pretty it is now. I've been thinking about you as we are all getting excited about Convention here in Australia in less than two weeks ...... eeeeeekkkkkkkkk! Reading your story of taking the fall had me laughing (and hoping of course that you weren't too badly hurt) .... I love your humour and outlook on life. Hoping to see you in Canberra - our forums are abuzz with excitement that we will hopefully be seeing you very soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete