Wednesday, June 5, 2013

274: Post Australia

Hello! I am back from Australia and nearly back to a normal sleeping pattern. Yay!

How was the trip? In a word, wonderful! The flights were unremarkable (which is a good thing), the friends I travelled with were delightful, and most importantly being with the Australian and New Zealand demonstrators was AWESOME! Truly, these women (and men) are so loving, so enthusiastic, so gracious, so them that it filled my cup just to be there. Add the lovely city of Brisbane with easy access to delicious restaurants, a hotel that was maybe 100 yards away from the convention center, and a not-to-be-missed local market the day we left, and this was an unforgettable jaunt.

How was my eating? Mixed. I will confess that I didn't even try to diet. I didn't record my food. I ate way too much chocolate. Cadbury. It's so good. And they have different Cadbury in Australia than we do. Did I say it's good? Creamy, yummy, lovely. I also ate lots of delicious fresh fruit and salads. Australia is superior to America in gluten free offerings at restaurants, so that wasn't a problem at all.

Stress and soda caused a hiatal hernia flare up which caused a problem for the set up days. Once I realized that's what was happening, Mylanta and loads of water solved everything.

I got back home to an empty refrigerator. My only food was Medifast and some chicken breasts I had baked and frozen before the trip. So, during the brain and body travel hangover time I drank water and ate my diet food. For four days. Probably the best thing that could have happened. I was just too tired to go to the store. Here's what I've learned: if it's available, I'll eat it. So, I'm not going to buy slices of cheese anymore. Or turkey pepperoni. I really do need to stock my fridge and pantry with veggies, veggies, and more veggies.

So, my current goals are:
1) Log my food in Fitbit.
2) Get back to 120 oz of water a day.
3) Blog on Wednesdays and Sundays.

Thanks for checking in and caring! Happy, healthy days are ahead...

3 comments:

  1. so happy you had a wonderful time and that you didn't stress about eating. sorry about the bump in the trip tho.

    sending hugs from nh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, LOVED having you in Australia, and miss you already!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to be catching up on your blog, and to hear you had a fabulous time in Brisbane, and your body is recovering from the jet lag and sleep deprivation. I'm sure you're exhausted but invigorated all the same. I can totally relate to the fact that you'll eat what is available. I have learned over the years that I simply can't buy mayo, (or else I'll be tempted to make potato salad every few days), and I simply can't buy nutella or a whole slew of other yummy things. My body will want it if it can have it, and then it starts craving it, and it becomes a staple. Cate, surprisingly, is the same. For weeks now, she's been begging for ranch dressing with her chicken nuggets--I think she may have her mama's love for mayo--and finally, I decided not to buy it this last time at the store, and amazingly, she hasn't even asked for it since knowing it isn't there. I suppose there is a switch that turns when your brain simply knows something isn't available.

    Anywho, I miss and love you and hope you're enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete