Monday, September 9, 2013

?: Bonnie is Rebooting

Be patient, this may take some time. The rebooting, that is.

After my last emotional blog post, I had an equally emotional week. And weekend. Early in the week I told my friend Cori "I want to eat all day." And I did. All day, all night, all weekend. I ate carb-filled food. I craved potatoes, bread, chips, chocolate. I ate nachos three times a day one day. I ate frosting from the can. It's not really that good, but it was sweet. I had popcorn with butter an average of once per day (twice on Sunday). Nary a vegetable nor fruit crossed my lips. I had access to both. Tomatoes from my garden, apples from my neighbor's, salad mix from the store. Cucumbers. Peppers. Healthy things spoiled in my refrigerator while I foraged for something to fill up my emotional hole.

Emotional holes can't get filled by food.

My sweet niece Jennie shared this thought from a talk by Richard G Scott, an LDS church leader, with me:
 
"Simple, consistent, good habits lead to a life full of bountiful blessings.
We can learn, grow and become like Him one consistent step at a time."

Regardless of religion, this thought contains truth. I need to get back to simple, consistent, good habits.

Today I ate fresh vegetables. Lots of them. I like vegetables and can consistently eat them.

I love how I feel today. I love who I am today.

That's a start, right?

And, by the way, thank you for your support. Blogging really does help me--because you take the time to read and to care. I genuinely appreciate you.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel like one reason we were sent to live in a world where there are days and nights is simply so we can find peace and hope in the fact that every 24 hours, we get to wake up and start again. The sun rises once more, and we can try again to do our very best and to be closer to who we aim to be every day. I'm so glad you love how you feel and who you are today. That is definitely a start, Bonnie! And a very strong one, at that. I love you, Bonnie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely a start! The formula is so simple to feel good! Our bodies are amazing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one day at a time....Love you!! Deb

    ReplyDelete