Thursday, January 14, 2010

Greats and Groans #1

I haven't decided whether to post a food journal every day, once a week or not at all. I know I'm going to keep one-so far it's been just scribbles at work. Any ideas about journaling?

Greats: I rode my bike yesterday and plan to do so again once I'm done blogging. Only 15 minutes/100 calories, but hey, it's a start! Some gals in my neighborhood want me to join Curves. Thinking that's a great idea. I'm doing FAB on not eating after 8 p.m. That alone has some serious potential for weight loss. Feeling pretty cocky about my progress! I took lunch to work today and yesterday I ate a Wendy's chili and side salad (no dressing)--so lunch was a good choice.

Groans: So, I don't even love chocolate. I like it and trust me, I'll eat it, but I don't crave it. I know, that's super weird. I tend towards salty treats like popcorn, chips, nachos... now there's some cravin' stuff. So, the fact that yesterday and today I ate a Reeses candy bar (not even just bite size guys) and two pieces of chocolate from Cori's Christmas chocolate box just steams me. It's like I'm a rebellious teenager going, "See, I can eat what I want!" to my dedicated-to-weight-loss self. Dang! Also, I stopped at Taco Time on the way home from work to try the bite sized crispy burrito bites. Note to self: 1) not that great, 2) not really fun to eat in the car and 3) not gluten-free. Sooo not worth it.

Call for help: I've got to find something to help me get through the afternoon. It's crazy, but once I eat lunch, I could keep eating the rest of the day. What the heck?

I'm out for now-gotta go sit on a bike and ride into the sunset!

3 comments:

  1. Step away from the chocolate, you show that Reese's who's boss - and surrender it to me hehehehe!!!

    Baby steps...you're starting keep riding that bike and fighting inner teenager:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! You know, I don't love chocolate either, and DEFINATELY am in love with salty stuff, so I hear your pain there. Reese's however... well, I do have a bit of a soft spot there.

    But! I can help with afternoon cravings: cashews. I know, not the obvious source, but let me tell you - you have a few of these and then wait on it, maybe with an orange, and suddenly, hunger is not mainly on your mind! Also, apples and organic, unsweetened peanut butter. Yummy, and strangely filling, while healthy and getting you protein!

    Good luck - Maybe by Convention we'll both be Skinny Minnie's! I'm working on it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the advice, Kari! I'll stock up this weekend and put together some snack bags for work.

    ReplyDelete