Friday, October 12, 2012

249: Holding Strong

Hi! It's been a week with all sorts of tempting diet busters. Some I've ignored, others I've succumbed to. A homemade chocolate eclair. A bag of miniature Baby Ruth bars. Sweet potato fries. A red velvet cupcake--full of gluten. Wow, looks like I succumbed more than I ignore

Still, I'm holding strong. I'm giving my brain a chance to catch up to my body. No science to back this up, but if my brain and body want to chill between 247-249 right now, I'm okay with that. It wasn't too many months ago when that chill factor was 282-286, then it became 272-275. That's progress! I won't lie--this is hard. I'm not hungry, ever. I do get cravey. I'm back to reading my food addiction books and have found help and comfort there.

Looks like my gall bladder needs to come out. I had an ultrasound on Wednesday and the doctor's office called on Thursday. I meet with the surgeon on Halloween and if I have an attack before then, I'm supposed to go the an ER. My gall bladder isn't diseased, but I guess once you begin to have issues with it, it's best to just get the thing out. Hmm.

If you were hoping to read a non-stop thrill ride of rapid weight loss and life lessons, this post is lacking in both. (Smiley face.) If you wanted to check in on me, you got it!

2 comments:

  1. happy your able to hover where you are, sad you have to have surgery.

    hang in there!!!!

    Love and hugs,

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, your gall bladder has to come out?? Goodness, Bonnie! I hope it won't cause you too much pain until then and that the surgery and recovery go smoothly. (And quickly. And painlessly.) :)

    I'm so proud of you for all the progress you've made! You are doing amazing, my friend. Woot! :)

    By the way, I saw pictures of you when I was browsing Shelli's blog the other day, and I got a little verklempt. :) I made Jim look and said, "Awwww, it's Bonnie! She's so beautiful! I miss her so much!" (at which point he jokingly apologized--but sort of not jokingly--that he tore me away from my dream job and all my Utah friends. Ha. :) )

    Miss you & love you! Hope you are having a happy fall and your gall bladder behaves until surgery time. :)

    ReplyDelete