Monday, October 8, 2012

248.6: The Good Side of Sick

Last Tuesday after lunch I got such a stomach ache (I want to write that stom-ache to be efficient) that I had to leave work early because I was so miserable--I thought it may be the flu, but the problem was pain, not flu-ey. I stayed home Wednesday, went to work on Thursday, and ended up leaving right after lunch due to what I eloquently called a pain in my gut. A bend-over and can't breathe pain. Between Dr. Google, my sisters and friends we've diagnosed it as gallbladder related. I'm going to the doc tomorrow for a second opinion... I have had to be very careful about what I eat so as to not wake the sleeping beast. At least I'm losing weight! The Medifast meals don't create any issues, so I've stuck pretty close to them with little else in addition.

I did make some yummy soup yesterday while I was watching LDS general conference. It was yummy and filling--and didn't make me sick. Yay! Here's the recipe:




1 can black beans
1 can corn, undrained
1 can Rotel, undrained
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 8 oz package light cream cheese
2 chicken breasts

Drain and rinse black beans. Place chicken at bottom of pot, then pour out whole can of corn (undrained), rotel, and black beans. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve.

It's from www.plainchicken.com and I pinned it then immediately made it. My crockpot is out of commission, so I made it on the stove top and it worked super well.

1 comment:

  1. so sorry you aren't feeling well but that's a good number to see. Hope it's nothing major....


    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete