Sunday, January 13, 2013

???: Ignorance is bliss

No posts=head in the sand oblivion. I kinda quit battling the nibble beast sometime the middle of December. I didn't intend to also quit posting. That snuck up on me. Did any one else have that nasty stomach flu? I had three different rounds of it.

Still, December was holiday heaven. I hit high entertainment with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas concert, Donny and Marie's Christmas concert, and lots of family time. I was able to take some time off, so all my projects got finished! I hope you had a nice holiday also!

I promise to post my weight this week. I'm at a crossroads (again) with Medifast. I can put together one or two good days, but I crumble on the third which is when I'm supposed to achieve nirvana and fat burning. I dunno... The thing is, if not Medifast, what? I don't have any other specific plan and we all know how successful it is to just 'let things happen'. The reasons Medifast worked for me haven't changed, so I think it's as good a choice as any for now.

I'm certain accountability and honesty are key. Luckily work (Stampin' Up!) has implemented a health insurance related fitness program, so I will be in good company (pun alert!).

I'm glad you checked in and hope you are healthy and happy! I'd love to get a comment from you--they really help. Just sayin'...

3 comments:

  1. The holidays are always the hardest time of the year not to be nibbling on something. Despite your setbacks, I am still so proud of you Bonnie! You are amazing! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your willingness to share your battle is awesome......the fact that you admit it's not easy is awesome also since many seem to make it look so easy. I think it's the hardest battle ever since you have to eat to live......we just have to try to stop living to eat, which if you LOVE food is hard. the other battle that i find super hard is using food to comfort in times of stress, happiness, sadness etc......being healthy isn't always being thinner, you can be a big person and still be in good health. that is my goal, just to get healthy, if weight loss is part of that, that is a bonus.
    I love you my friend, sending you cyber hugs since we are so far apart......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, I'm so happy to have a few new posts of yours to read! It's always so good to hear how you're doing and just to read what you have to say. I miss you so! I'm so proud of you, too, for being open and honest about your journey. I am convinced behavior changes we intend to make for the rest of our lives are never going to be easy--every day I have to work to make healthy changes in the way I think and act--starting with the way I think first, which is hard--and it's so inspiring and reassuring to know I'm not the only one. I hope you'll find comfort and inspiration in simply knowing you are a comfort and inspiration to others. :) So good to hear from you, Bonnie! Love you lots and lots!

    P.S. When Jim saw your Christmas card, he said, "Oh, I wonder who this one's from . . . oh wait! It's gotta be from Bonnie!" He thought it was pretty cute you addressed the envelope to to us and Bonnie-Cate. :)

    ReplyDelete