Monday, June 25, 2012

Yummy Pizza and 3 Pounds

I had a good Saturday and Sunday and I'm down three pounds (the two I gained plus one more). It feels good to welcome the last three days of the week with good momentum. Plus, the food routine at work makes dieting easier.

I made pizza with cauliflower as the crust--and it was very, very good. Not like real pizza crust, but since I can't eat that anyway (Celiac disease), I'm always on the hunt for a substitute. I found a great GF crust at Whole Foods, but the calories are astronomical - people don't realize that non-wheat flour can be three times the calories as the wheat kind. So when Medifast Mary sent me a recipe for pizza made with cauliflower, I was skeptical. Then I saw similar recipes on Pinterest, so I decided to go for it.

I was floored. Here's a link to the blog where I got my recipe:
http://stickafork.net/2012/04/16/cauliflower-crust-pizza/

I topped mine with pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, and low fat mozzarella cheese. Best part? The entire pizza counted as my Lean and Green! Yup, I ate the whole thing. It makes a nine inch pizza. Tasty!

Oh, I couldn't find a 'no sugar added' pizza sauce, so here's the simple sauce I made:
1/2 cup diced canned tomatoes (no juice)
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
salt
Blend all ingredients until smooth (I use a Bullet type blender). It's kind of runny, so you could cook it to reduce some moisture, but I used it as is and loved it!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! I keep a jar of sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil on hand all the time. Try chopping/ mashing one up to add to your "pizza" sauce - it adds a great depth of flavor :)

    ReplyDelete