Thursday, July 15, 2010

50 Pounds in 50 Blogs #4

It's the Thursday before convention and I'm still doing well. I feel pretty good about my food choices and have mostly been in control. Control really is the issue here. As far as the addiction goes, it doesn't matter if I'm eating carrots or candy--I can abuse either one. It's all about eating food for food, not as an escape, stress management tool, or way to numb my emotions. I think the reason this is so important for me is because life is unpredictable and if I don't re-train myself to cope with stress, boredom, sadness, loneliness, happiness, (you get the gist) in a non-food way, I'm just going to continue to relapse.

I'm not worried about making good choices at convention next week. It's a busy time, but there's always plenty of good food to choose from and I'll have lots of support. The other good thing is we're always moving-set up days are full of calorie burning steps and muscle toning movement.

Taking it one day at a time here, gang. That's the only way I can do this.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You're on a roll again! Rock on! Good luck with convention.

    ReplyDelete