Friday, April 19, 2013

272: Finally Friday

I'm in fat burning! How do I know? Well, I'm feeling happy, energized and confident. I crave water, not soda. This is a good feeling. I like feeling lighter at the end of a day!

Something I've noticed this week is I rarely feel satisfied with my noon meal. Even if it's my Lean & Green, I want to eat something as soon as I get back to my desk. It's like I switch on the "yes, it's okay to eat" button and it gets stuck. Where's the off switch? What I'm trying now is to have another 32 oz of water and some chewing gum. A couple of times this week I've had to drink some bouillon too. Maybe lunch is stressful? Maybe the meetings and work I generally have/do after lunch are stressful? Hmmm. Perhaps I should schedule a massage every day after lunch.

Wins yesterday include regular meals, blogging, tracking my food, saying nice things and studying. Nearly perfect on my 6 goals!

One of the podcasts I listened to suggested we have a mantra that begins "I am a person who..." in relation to our goals. I like that. The reason for this is when we set weight loss related goals and work hard at them, it doesn't take long to get benefits, which then remove the urgency/tension/relevance of the goals. Interesting concept, huh? I can see that to be true for me. I was so frightened of diabetes a year ago I was motivated to begin Medifast. Within weeks I felt better, had more energy, and my glucose levels were normal. Even this time around the urgency was seeing my weight nearing 280 again, not to mention the unbearably tight-around-the-middle dress pants that I bought a size smaller in November when I was a size smaller. I love that on Medifast I see results quickly. I also see the need for reframing my goals to be toward goals instead of away from goals. Dr. A writes about that in his book, Dr. A's Habits of Health.

Here's my mantra for now: I am a person who chooses to be happy and healthy. I like that. I am choosing every day, every minute, how I feel emotionally and physically. Or as Charlie Sheen would say, "WINNING!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment