Sunday, April 28, 2013

268.6: Feeling very proud of myself

As I reflect on the past few weeks, I am struck by something. It seems like the successful approach to 'beginning' again is similar to nursing myself back to health after an injury. I need to be patient, have the right tools, get plenty of rest, give myself permission to say no to a few things, and drink plenty of water!

I was sick for the first four days. Both my body and my mind needed to detox from several months of doing what felt good. During my study, I've learned the food that is calorically empty but sooo tasty is called highly palatable food. That says a mouthful (pun acknowledged), huh? HP food is addictive but not satisfying. The donut begs for a chaser of chips, the nachos scream for a soda, and the burger needs fries to be a complete 'meal.'

Here's something else I've learned: I'm not strong enough to have bridge mix or chocolate covered cinnamon bears anywhere in my house. It's that simple.

I'm so glad I'm here today instead of where I was on April 15! I'm not perfect, but I'm working on it. One day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. So happy that things are looking up for you.

    Missing you, my friend.

    Hugs from NH,

    Deb

    ReplyDelete