Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday Wisdom

"Mindlessness is the enemy."

Profound, huh? I did my addiction study last night from Dr. A's Habits of Health (Dr. Wayne Scott Andersen) and came across that nugget.
If I choose to eat a handful of peanuts, that's fine. Choosing means I have an internal conversation and decide eating the peanuts is worth a diet setback. If I don't realize I've polished off the last of a jar of peanuts while watching, say, The Mentalist, that's not fine. That's mindlessness.

Good lesson to learn. The peanuts were tasty, by the way. And there really weren't that many...

I had a bunch of wins yesterday:

I ate every 2-3 hours.
I tracked my food.
I studied.
I said nice things to myself.
I was in bed before 9:30.

By the way, I don't like the book I'm reading for book club. Very unsatisfying. I am listening to a sweet romance on the way to work--A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson.



No comments:

Post a Comment